If you’re like a lot of people, you may wonder from time to time if counseling is the answer for you. But, you may hesitate because you have questions about counseling.
You may be wondering what counseling is like…
- The counseling relationship is a place you can feel accepted no matter what your struggle or difficulty.
- It is a safe place where you can learn and grow personally and spiritually at your own pace.
- It’s work. You will be asked to establish goals with your counselor.
- Home work is often assigned to help you achieve your goals.
- Counseling helps you to understand what you have control over and how to take personal responsibility for those things.
- Goals and progress are evaluated on a regular basis.
- Frequency of sessions and duration of counseling is jointly agreed on.
You may be wondering how long counseling lasts…
- First of all counseling is voluntary. You can terminate counseling at any time.
- The pace and duration of counseling is largely determined by you.
- The more diligent you are putting into practice insights you gain will impact how long it takes to accomplish your counseling goals.
It’s typical to begin meeting with clients on a weekly basis, then graduate to biweekly sessions and then to a monthly time of maintenance and support.
Depending on your goals, this process can take from a few months to a year or more. The average length of time is about 6 months. Again, your progress largely depends on you and the effort you put forth into accomplishing your goals.
Related Posts For You…